Porter Service (Receiving and Delivery)
How does it work?
1. Register for the service ($5) by clicking the link below. The registration fee simply reserves the service and creates your account.
2. Include insurance when prompted along the ordering path. Otherwise you will only be paid $50 for a lost box.
3. Ship belongings to us via UPS or FedEx from home or order from a vendor no earlier than July 1.
Label the boxes as follows: JPS, Student's name 727 W. Ellsworth Rd #5 Ann Arbor, MI 48108
4. We send an email notification when your package arrives.
5. We deliver your belongings to your new Ann Arbor residence (see more details on this below) and charge your credit card for the items delivered.
Be aware that many vendors ship orders in multiple boxes . . . and we charge for every box we receive regardless of size unless tiny packages arrive on the same day. Those we will attempt to consolidate. With hundreds of boxes arriving during our busy season our priority is to prevent confusion and error. You may want to ask your vendor to hold multiple items for shipping all in one box.
All boxes must be in our possession by August 23rd to avoid late penalties. You do not need to know how many boxes you’ll be shipping us at this time. This is only a registration. The total bill for the services rendered will be charged once it’s completed.
Do not use shipping boxes from Home Depot or Lowes. They have been of poor quality and many are arriving split open at the seems.
Read the list below to find out where and when we will deliver your stored items
If your building is not mentioned, talk to your landlord.
If you plan to move back early (before August 16th), you must enter the delivery date when you register.
Residence halls: All packages are delivered to the dorm package room prior to building’s move-in date. The University does not allow in room delivery.
Large apartment buildings: Your boxes will be in your room prior to your arrival provided the lease paperwork is in order on the date the landlord designates. This is usually a day or two before their main move in date. EXCEPTIONS: Varsity, YoUnion (formerly 411 Lofts), and *U Towers do not allow in room delivery prior to your arrival. In these buildings, we provide in-room delivery after you arrive on the date you indicate.
Sororities: in-room delivery prior to house move-in date, provided we have a room number
Fraternities: in-room delivery upon students’ arrival, on the date you indicate on your order